Look, I don’t really have a good reason for why I’m not keeping up with this blog as well as I should. Realistically, I have three trips and a ton of events in my life that I’d like to tell you about. It’s just finding the time to do so.
I mean, it’s not like work has been ridiculously hectic (it has). I mean, not that I’m stroking my own ego (I am), but since the beginning of 2012 I have completed–as in from conceptualization to finalization– imagery/layout for over twelve advertising campaigns across the animal divisions of my company. Plus over five more products that are waiting to go through testing. (And about 25 products that probably never will.) Put that on top of daily graphic design work, add being the sole video person for a 1500+ employee company, and try to fit in a personal life… let’s just say my dance card is full. But hey, I mean, I think anyone could do it (they can’t).
I’m not complaining (I am), it’s just that I’ve been a little stressed out. But, things have seemed to calm down a bit (or I have just stopped caring), so while I have your attention, I would love to tell you about my month of June.
- the weather broke 100 degrees F. i know i probably sound like an old farmer, talking about the weather, but seriously? that is ridiculous. it usually doesn’t get that hot until late july/august
- i had forgotten my old running shoes in mason city and i needed them for a race in des moines. evan, being a wonderful boyfriend, shipped them to me. i thought maybe he would include a note in the box, but he did me one better. he included a pre-eaten peanut butter sandwich. if that isn’t love, i just don’t know what is.
- i celebrated my birthday on june 8 and evan celebrated his on june 21. for our birthdays, we went out for a nice steak dinner and we got addicted to a board game called settler’s of catan. it’s funny (sad), i got it for my birthday and we still play it daily (i’m writing this in late july)
- speaking of celebrating my birthday– i didn’t really do it up this year. but i did get a lot of quality time with some good friends, which i appreciate even more than extravagant/ridiculous parties.
- i ran my first 5k. i (
kind ofreally) hated it. but it was a mud run with obstacles and a lot of stopping and starting. i think i would enjoy an actual 5k , sans mud (or so i’m telling myself).
- the dj girl talk came to des moines. it was the sweatiest, most outrageous dance party i have ever been to. i had two bottles of water poured on my head and i’m still convinced most of the moisture was sweat.